Plisga & Day enjoys the challenge of unique surveying applications by adapting or creating measuring techniques and technologies.
- Mean High Water Survey
- Accident Site Mapping
- Environmental Site Mapping
- Volume Monitoring
- Surveying with Robotics
- RTK Stakeout and Location
- Static GPS
Several examples of special projects include:
- River cross-sections across the Penobscot River to show Bangor Hydro-Electric Company the results of the removal of existing dams and for proposed dams.
- Forensic and accident plans showing site conditions for automobile accidents, a snowmobile accident in Yarmouth, Maine and a skiing accident at Sugarloaf USA. Several of these plans were used as exhibits in their associated court case.
- Elevations of the lake floor adjacent to Green Lake Dam for use in reconstruction plans of the Bangor Hydro-Electric Company dam.
- Environmental site mapping of existing domestic wells in LaGrange, Maine. The Maine Department of Environmental Protection monitored wells for contamination from underground pollution.
- Volume monitoring of gravel pits, landfills, and bark piles throughout the state of Maine.