Jonathan M. Stewart, PLS
Professional Land Surveyor
Jon is a State of Maine licensed Professional Land Surveyor since 2001. He grew up in Bangor attending school and playing many sports but also spending much time outdoors camping, hunting and fishing with relatives. He received his B.S. and M.S. degrees from the University of Maine. Jon lived in New York and Massachusetts for several years but enjoys being settled back in Maine.
Jon’s work resume extends from municipal development to township surveys and tracing of miles of utility lines. He regularly works with residential clients for boundary retracement such as house lots, camp lots and vacant lands. Jon enjoys the diversity of working in this mostly forested state of rugged hills, inland lakes and coastal charm. He travels from the western Maine mountains to downeast coastal islands. He consults for the use of GPS technology applications, remote sensing, GIS and analysis of least squares networks. As an expert witness, Jon has given depositions and court testimony.
Jon has been actively involved in the local and state level of the Maine Society of Land Surveyors. He has presented at various conferences, classes and meetings for MSLS, Maine Bar Association, University of Maine and local schools as an advocate for the land surveying profession.
- Project Management
- Boundary Retracement
- Site Development and Subdivisions
- FEMA Flood Elevation Certificates and Letters of Map Amendment
- GIS and Digital Work Products
- GPS Surveys
- Expert Witness and Litigation Support
- Master of Science in Spatial Information, Science and Engineering (1995-1997), University of Maine – Orono, Maine
- Bachelor of Science in Bio-Resource Engineering (1989-1993), University of Maine – Orono, Maine